You may submit your event information for inclusion on our online calendar if the event is open to the general public, occurs within the boundaries of the City of Waterloo and the surrounding area, and meets one of the following criteria:
- Organized or funded by another order of government
- Organized by a government-funded agency or board
- Organized by a City of Waterloo affiliated group
- Funded in full, or in part, by the City of Waterloo
- Sponsored by the City of Waterloo
- Organized by a charitable organization with a registered charitable number and operating within the City of Waterloo
- Organized by a service club or local sports association operating within the City of Waterloo and the surrounding area performing work that benefits Waterloo residents
- Organized by a local business association for general promotional purposes
- Located in a facility owned or leased by the City of Waterloo
Please note that events will not be published on our calendar if they:
- Are commercial in nature and, in the city's sole opinion, are attempting to advertise, promote or sell products or services of an individual business
- Promote, exhibit, illustrate or manifest hate or obscene/pornographic/sexual content of any kind
- Do not comply with the municipal, provincial or federal legislation
- Private events
We reserve the right to post, refuse to post or remove any event from our online calendar at any time, without notice.
Please note that we will try and approve or deny postings with 48-72 hours so check back after that time to see if your event has been posted. You will not be notified directly when a decision has been made.
Events we deem to be political in nature will not be posted after the writ has been dropped for a federal or provincial election or after the first day of a municipal election year other than all candidate's meetings.
Click here to accept the above and continue.
Otherwise, click here to return to the homepage.