Westmount Sports Park is our newest outdoor facility.
Westmount Sports Park is located at 440 Westmount Road North, in Waterloo. This map outlines the facility's location, including parking areas.
Hours of operation
The sports park is open daily from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Booking the fields
Westmount Sports Park Fields are programmable for sports that take place on a natural turf field. Fields must be booked for use by contacting our facilities booking team. The play area is available for use when the park is open.
Always be sure to check field conditions prior to your visit.
This 4.5 ha (11 acre) site has a variety of amenities:
- Three natural turf sport fields with sand-blend growing medium
- Two fields with a state-of-the-art lighting system
- Irrigated fields
- Accessible washroom facility
- Barrier-free access and walking paths
- Tree canopy in key locations for shade
- Open space and gathering space area for tournament functions
- Warm-up areas for athletes
- Park entrance is aligned with a new roundabout on Westmount Road for access to the sport fields
The sports park is adjacent to Laurel Creek and nestled against 4.8 ha (12 acres) of environmental reserve. This reserve is home to a significant bird population and several species of wildlife. We have taken steps to protect the environment on this property and to educate residents about the natural surroundings in this area. Every year city staff, residents, children and other community groups plant trees to preserve this natural habitat.
Natural play area
In April 2016, the sports park will also include a natural play area dedicated to education about our local bird population. There will be interpretive signage including a sound panel featuring 32 birds that could be spotted or heard in the environmental reserve and around Waterloo.
Photo Gallery: Westmount Sports Park will appear here on the public site.