Summer Camps 2015
Summer is right around the corner and we are getting excited to spend the summer with your children.
Day Camp options
WMRC Camp- This camp at the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex will encourage your child to have a blast on our weekly trips, playing new and old favourite games, swimming, creating crafts, making new friends and more. Proposed trips (not confirmed until May). Week 1: African Lions Safari, Week 2: Confederation Park, Week 3: Emerald Lake, Week 4: Bingmans, Week 5: break week, Week 6: Canada's Wonderland (trip extended til 7pm), Week 7: Emerald Lake, Week 8: Playdium, Week 9: African Lions Safari, Week 10: Bingemans
Variety Camp - These camps are at RIM Park's Manulife Financial Sportsplex. Each week we run a different variety of camp for your children. See the descriptions below for details of these camps.
- Arts and crafts camp (week 1)- This camp is a week that includes crafts and art and spending time with special guests who will teach the kids about different art forms. Come prepared for a messy week of fun, games, swimming and of course crafts!
- Outdoor Adventure (week 2)- Come prepared to be adventurous this week! You will compete in obstacle courses, go on scavenger hunts and nature walks, as well as learn some fun eco-friendly information from our special guests. We can't wait to see your adventurous side!.
- H2WOW (week 3) - Come prepared to have fun and get a little wet. We will experiment with water, play some amazing games, go swimming and possibly go on a fun water trip. Our camp staff can't wait to have fun and get a little H2O logged with your kids. Come prepared for a week of fun, games, swimming with our leaders!
- SportsNut camp (week 4) - Sports are so much fun to learn and play. Come and join us for the week as we learn some new sports with trained expert guests and play some old favorites with our leaders.
- Media mayhem (week 5) - This week we will be have some fun with your children being creative with media. We will create our own camp comic strip or newspaper, learn how radio stations and new stations run and look into filming industry and how it works. Special guests will visit and teach us all about media. Come prepared for a week of fun, games, learning new things and swimming!
- Science and space (week 6) - This week our staff will explore fun science experiments with all campers and take some time to be a little 'spacey'. There are endless possibilities of science fun and space activities. Games, crafts and swimming will also be a part of this out of the world week.
- Girls' week (week 7) - This camp is a fun week filled with crafts, esthetics, drama, sports, games and special guests. It is just for girls. Register your daughter with a friend of come and make new friend.
- Busker mania (week 8) - This camp includes special guests who teach kids how to do tricks and mime, among other fun activities. The week wraps up with a performance on the centre stage of the Waterloo Busker Carnival.
- 007 Mystery mania (week 9) - This sky is the limit when it comes to mystery mania week. We will have a week long mystery to solve as well as spending some time with special guests. Our staff are gearing up for a fun week of spy training and obstacle course. Your kids won't want to miss this fun filled week of fun, games, swimming and mystery!
Evolve Skateboard Camp (weeks 3, 4, 5, 8) - Held at the Waterloo Skatepark (WMRC arena floor rain location). The program is delivered and supervised by Evolve Skate Camp in partnership with the City of Waterloo. Does your child want o be the next pro skater? Or maybe they just want to learn a fun new skill that may help them get home from school a little faster. Our camp focuses on improving campers' fundamental physical skills like balance and coordination, while finding their style on the board.
Campers are given time to master tricks and challenge themselves to learn and develop. Our coaches are on hand every step of the way to help corrct flaws and accelerate learning. Campers also participate in other sports and camp programming daily, for a well-rounded summer experience. Campers are required to bring their own skateboard or scooter, CSA approved helmet, elbow pads, wrist guards and kneepads. Staff / camper ratio 1:6. Please note the fee for skateboarding camp is $230.
Information and Consent forms
Please download and read the Camp information forms to help make camp a success for everyone.
Please note we require the consent forms to be filled out by the Thursday at noon prior to the start of camp. If you are unable to submit this online by the deadline, please bring the forms and bring them on the first day.
Variety camp information forms and Variety consent form will be available March 4
WMRC camp information forms and WMRC consent form will be available March 4
Evlove skateboard camp Information Forms and Skateboard camp consent form will be avaialable March 4
The cost for summer daycamps excluding Evolve Skateboard Camp is $185 per week and $148 on short weeks with the exception of Wonderland week which is $185 per week. Your child may be eligible for a child tax credit.
Please see last years camp lunch form for the menu. This will be updated March 4 You have the option of buying single days of lunch for your child throughout the summer. Please note that NEW this year we have added the option of purchasing lunch online when you register for a week of camp. Once you go to the checkout you will have the choice to select lunch for your child for 1 or more days of the week. Please note that all lunch orders need to be purchased by 12:00 p.m. on Friday. Please send us a quick email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
All day campers are required to wear the City Camp shirt (does not include Evolve skateboard camp) when going off site. The t-shirts are the same as the past years. If you need to purchase a t-shirt you will be able to do online when registering for camp. If you are signing your child (ren) up for more than 1 week of camp please add the purchase of a camp shirt on the first week. You will see this option when you go to checkout as an extra fee.
Check out frequently asked camp questions for more details. We also have a checklist to help you determine if your child is ready for camp.