The City of Waterloo offers weeklong summer day camps to meet the interests and hobbies of your 7-year-old to 12-year-old kids. Registration for the 2014 season will begin on March 5.
- Variety Camp - These camps are at RIM Park's Manulife Financial Sportsplex with the exception of Skateboard camp held at Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex. Each week we run a different variety of camp for your children. See the descriptions below for details of these camps.
- Outdoor Adventure- Come prepared to be adventurous this week! You will compete in obstacle courses, go on scavenger hunts and nature walks, as well as learn some fun eco-friendly information from our special guests. We can't wait to see your adventurous side!.
- Skateboarding camp - If your child loves to skateboard or wants to learn come and join our leaders for this popular Camp. Learn from qualified skateboard staff in our new skateboard park for ½ the day and then play camp games, go swimming and do crafts with our amazing staff the rest of the day. Come and learn in a safe environment the basics of this fun sport. All campers must bring their own helmet and skateboard.This camp is at the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex and our skatepark.
- Drama Camp - This week we will be spending some time with special guests that will teach us all about drama and the different techniques that can be used. Come prepared for a creative week of fun, games, swimming and of course drama!
- SportsNut camp - Sports are so much fun to learn and play. Come and join us for the week as we learn some new sports with trained expert guests and play some old favorites with our leaders.
- Girls' week - This camp is a fun week filled with crafts, esthetics, drama, sports, games and special guests. It is just for girls. Register your daughter with a friend of come and make new friend.
- Arts and crafts camp - This camp is a week that includes crafts and art and spending time with special guests who will teach the kids about different art forms. Come prepared for a messy week of fun, games, swimming and of course crafts!
- Busker mania - This camp at the RIM Park's Manulife Financial Sportsplex includes special guests who teach kids how to do tricks and mime, among other fun activities. The week wraps up with a performance on the centre stage of the Waterloo Busker Carnival.
- WMRC - This camp at the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex will encourage your child to have a blast on our weekly trips, playing new and old favourite games, swimming, creating crafts, making new friends and more. Please see the program and activity guide camp pages to see what trips are planned for 2014.
There are several ways to register for summer day camps.
Please download and read the Camp information forms to help make camp a success for everyone.
Variety Camp Information Forms and Variety Consent form
WMRC Camp Information Forms and WMRC Consent form
The cost for all summer camps (with the exception of Wonderland week) is $179 per week, which includes a trip. Your child may be eligible for a child tax credit.
Please see the Camp lunch form for the menu. You have the option of buying single days of lunch for your child throughout the summer. Please note that NEW this year we have added the option of purchasing lunch online when you register for a week of camp. Once you go to the checkout you will have the choice to select lunch for your child for 1 or more days of the week. Please note that all lunch orders need to be purchased by 12:00 p.m. on Friday. Please send us a quick email at email@example.com if you have any questions.
All day campers are required to wear the City Camp shirt when going off site. The t-shirts are the same as the past 2 years. If you need to purchase a t-shirt you will be able to do online when registering for camp. If you are signing your child (ren) up for more than 1 week of camp please add the purchase of a camp shirt on the first week. You will see this option when you go to checkout as an extra fee.
Check out the frequently asked camp questions for more details. We also have a checklist to help you determine if your child is ready for camp.