Summer Camps 2016
Summer is right around the corner and we are getting excited to spend the summer with your children. Summer camp registration will start on Wednesday March 2. We can't wait to meet and entertain your children.
Day camp options (ages 7 to 12 years)
WMRC Camp - this camp at the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex will encourage your child to have a blast on our weekly trips, playing new and old favourite games, swimming, creating crafts, making new friends and more. Proposed trips (not confirmed until May). Week 1 (July 4): African Lions Safari, week 2 (July 11): Wild Water Works, week 3 (July 18): Bingemans, week 4 (July 25): Emerald Lake, week 5 (Aug. 2): break week, week 6 (Aug. 8): Canada's Wonderland (trip extended until p.m.), week 7 (Aug. 15): Chicopee Tube Park, week 8 (Aug. 22): Playdium, week 9 (Aug. 29): Skyzone Trampoline
Variety Camp - These camps are at RIM Park's Manulife Financial Sportsplex. Each week we run a different variety of camp for your children. See the descriptions below for details of these camps.
- Krafty kids (week 1 - July 4) - This week at camp will include crafts and art and spending time with special guests who will teach the kids about different art forms. Come prepared for a messy week of fun, games, swimming and of course crafts!
- Outdoor adventure (week 2 - July 11) - Come prepared to be adventurous this week! You will compete in obstacle courses, go on scavenger hunts and nature walks, as well as learn some fun eco-friendly information from our special guests. We can't wait to see your adventurous side!
- H2WOW (week 3 - July 18) - Come prepared to have fun and get a little wet. We will experiment with water, play some amazing games, go swimming and possibly go on a fun water trip. Our camp staff can't wait to have fun and get a little H2O logged with your kids. Come prepared for a week of fun, games, and swimming with our leaders!
- Media mayhem (week 4 - July 25) - This week we will have some fun with your children while being creative with media. We will create our own camp comic strip or newspaper, learn how radio stations and news stations run and look into filming industry and how it works special guests will visit and teach us all about media. Come prepared for a week of fun, games, learning new things and swimming!
- SportsNut camp (week 5 - Aug. 2) - Sports are so much fun to learn and play. Come and join us this week as we learn some new sports with trained expert guests and play some old favourites with our leaders.
- Girls' week (week 6 - Aug. 8) - This camp is a fun week filled with crafts, esthetics, drama, sports, games and special guests. It is just for girls. Register your daughter with a friend or come and make new friends.
- 007 mystery mania (week 7 - Aug. 15) - This sky is the limit when it comes to mystery mania week. We will have a week long mystery to solve as well as spending some time with special guests. Our staff are gearing up for a fun week of spy training and obstacle courses. Your kids won't want to miss this fun filled week of fun, games, swimming and mystery!
- Busker mania (week 9 - Aug. 22) - This camp includes special guests who teach kids how to do tricks and mime, among other fun activities. The week wraps up with a performance on the centre stage of the Waterloo Busker Carnival.
Evolve Skateboard camp - running the following weeks - July 18, July 25, Aug. 8 & Aug. 15
Skateboard camp is held at the Waterloo Skatepark (WMRC arena floor rain location). The program is delivered and supervised by Evolve Skate Camp in partnership with the City of Waterloo. Does your child want to be the next pro skater? Or maybe they just want to learn a fun new skill that may help them get home from school a little faster. Our camp focuses on improving campers' fundamental physical skills like balance and coordination, while finding their style on the board or scooter.
Campers are given time to master tricks and challenge themselves to learn and develop. Our coaches are on hand every step of the way to help correct flaws and accelerate learning. Campers also participate in other sports and camp programming daily, for a well-rounded summer experience. Campers are required to bring their own skateboard or scooter, CSA approved helmet, elbow pads, wrist guards and kneepads. Staff / camper ratio 1:8. Please note the fee for skateboarding camp is $230. This camp is for 6 - 13 year olds.
Twisters Cheer camp - running the following weeks - July 11 and Aug. 15
Cheer camp is held at RIM Park's Manulife Financial Sportsplex and is delivered and supervised by Twisters Cheer Athletics in partnership with the City of Waterloo. Twisters cheer athletics coaches have a passion for the sport of cheerleading and in just one short week your children will develope life long skills such as trust, teamwork and discipline while learning the basics of cheerleading. They will leave this week having a blast with amazing memories, gaining new friends and becoming a stronger athlete. For ages 7 to 12 years. Cost: $187.15
Information and consent forms
Please download and read the camp information forms to help make camp a success for everyone.
Please note: we require the consent forms to be filled out by the Thursday at noon prior to the start of camp. If you are unable to submit this online by the deadline, please print the forms and bring them on the first day.
Variety camp information form and variety consent form.
WMRC camp information form and WMRC consent form.
Evolve skateboard camp information form and skateboard camp consent form
Twisters Cheer camp information form and Twister Cheer camp consent form
The cost for summer day camps excluding Evolve Skateboard camp is $187.15 per week and $149.72 on short weeks with the exception of Wonderland week which is $230 per week. Your child may be eligible for a child tax credit.
The camp lunch form shows the menu. You have the option of buying single days of lunch for your child throughout the summer. Please note: we have added the option of purchasing lunch online when you register for a week of camp. Once you go to the checkout you will have the choice to select lunch for your child for 1 or more days of the week. Please note: all lunch orders need to be purchased by noon on Friday. Please send us a quick email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
All day campers are required to wear the City camp t-shirt (does not include Evolve skateboard camp or Twister Cheer camp) when going off site. The t-shirts are the same as the past years. If you need to purchase a t-shirt you will be able to do so online when registering for camp. If you are signing your child(ren) up for more than 1 week of camp, please add the purchase of a camp shirt on the first week. You will see this option when you go to checkout as an extra fee.
Check out frequently asked camp questions for more details. We also have a checklist to help you determine if your child is ready for camp.