The City of Waterloo offers several popular skating programs and opportunities.
Plan your visit to Albert McCormick Community Centre, RIM Park or the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex today. A few special skates will also be held at Moses Springer Community Centre this year!
View the fall skate schedule today on the website or download the fall skate schedule PDF
- Parent and child shinny - For parents and children aged 12 and younger who want to play shinny together. We permit sticks and pucks, and nets will be available for use. A skating adult must be present.
- Parent and child skate - For parents, pre-school and home-schooled children aged 12 and younger who want to skate together. We do not permit sticks and pucks. A skating adult must be present.
- Public skating - Skating program for all ages. We permit skating aids, at the discretion of facility staff. However, strollers are not allowed on the ice.
- Shinny - Shinny hockey is offered in sessions for various ages. We recommend on-ice participants wear full CSA-approved hockey equipment, including head, eye and facial protection. Personal identification stating current age may be required for program entry.
- Youth Shinny - New and improved reservation system this year! No more driving to the rink at 7 a.m. to buy a wristband to ensure a spot in the afternoon program for your child. Sign up for games up to two weeks in advance. Convenience fee applies. Check out www.waterloo.ca/pickuphub for more information.
The operators of all City facilities strongly recommend that CSA-approved safety equipment (including head, eye and facial protection) be worn by all on-ice participants.
Programs are subject to change. Be sure to check our cancellations page before travelling to our rinks.