The City of Waterloo encourages you to follow some basic tips when using our trails.
- Share the trail
- Always announce your intent to pass and allow others to pass safely
- Use only marked trails and follow the signs
- Do not trespass on private land
- Stop for vehicular traffic where trails cross streets
- Stay on the trails to avoid damaging nearby vegetation or creek banks
- Leave plants and small creatures in their natural habitats
- Use waste receptacles or carry your litter home
- Respect the privacy of people living adjacent to trails
- Keep your pet on a leash
- Pick up after your dog - we have a by-law that requires pet owners to clean up after dogs within city limits
Your co-operation will help protect our trails and improve everyone's experiences there.