The City of Waterloo is launching its second annual Mayor for the Day contest, which is open to all Grade 5 students attending a Waterloo elementary school. One winner will be chosen based on his/her submission and will be named mayor of Waterloo for a day.
- The contest is open to all Grade 5 students attending a Waterloo school
- Entries must reflect why the student wants to be mayor and must include a completed submission form
- The format is open. For example, participants can submit a video, letter, song or poem
- Participants are responsible for submitting their entries to the City of Waterloo by 4 p.m. on March 4, 2013
Entries can be emailed or delivered to City Hall at this address:
City of Waterloo
100 Regina St. S.
PO Box 337, Station Waterloo
Waterloo, ON N2J 4A8
We will notify the winner by March 8, 2013. Submissions will not be returned and will become the property of the City of Waterloo. Download a submission form to get started.
Submissions will be judged on the following criteria:
- Impact (students should provide a compelling argument with the reasons why they want to be mayor for the day)
- Overall appeal
The winner of the Mayor for the Day contest will receive the following prizes:
- Spend the day with Mayor Brenda Halloran
- Give a short speech introducing the mayor to the Waterloo business community at the State of the City event on March 22, 2013
- Enjoy a pizza lunch with his/her classmates and the mayor
Good luck to all Grade 5 students.