The Northdale land use and community improvement plan study resulted in a land-use plan, community improvement plan and urban-design guidelines for this neighbourhood. Approved by Waterloo city council in June 2012, the study resulted in a comprehensive planning and regulatory framework to guide change in Northdale. However, multiple appeals were filed with the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) in 2012.
Through recent decisions, the OMB has put into effect Official Plan policies, the Zoning By-law, and Community Improvement Plan, with some minor property specific exceptions.
In effect Northdale Plans
- Official plan modification no. 1 - as provisionally approved by OMB (OMB order issue date Oct. 9, 2013 and Dec. 10, 2013, file PL130028) and subsequently put into full effect by OMB (OMB order issue date December 10, 2013)
- District plan - as approved by Council June 25, 2012
- Zoning by-law amendment - as approved by OMB (OMB order issue date July 11, 2013, file PL120907)
- Community improvement plan - as approved by OMB (OMB order issue date July 11, 2013, file PL120907)
- Urban design guidelines - as approved by Council June 25, 2012
Interim control by-law - (in effect for outstanding OMB appealed properties)
Visit the Northdale documents page for more information on this study, including staff reports, draft final reports and site specific by-laws prior to July 2012.