The City of Waterloo's cash grants program is available to community organizations that provide recreation, leisure and community programs that improve your quality of life. The program information letter and the cash grant policy are available for your review prior to filling out an application.
The 2017 Cash Grant program is closed.
Here is a list of groups and requests that may be eligible for a cash grant:
- Volunteer and not-for-profit community groups
- Projects that need one-time funding, not capital funding
- Projects that can be completed within one year
- Operating funding requests that include money for rent, insurance, supplies and equipment, maintenance, employee salaries, programs and services, volunteer recruitment, recognition, training and screening
To read more on eligibility please refer to section four in the cash grant policy (see link above).
Grant requests should show how the organization's activities benefit the Waterloo community. Factors include:
- Engages citizens/community
- Reaches a diverse population (age, ethnicity, individuals with barriers to participation)
- Improves community and individual health and/or quality of life
- Has an economic impact on the community
- Builds community, including collaborations and partnerships
- Program or service provided is unique - not duplicated by another organization
The volunteer advisory committee will only consider applications that are complete, include all the required information and submitted on time. If you're applying for project funding, you will be required to submit a final report when the project is complete, and before you apply for any future grants.