The City of Waterloo's uptown streetscape improvement project aims to make improvements to King Street North in our uptown core from Central Street to just south of Erb Street. This project has several objectives:
- To make King Street more accessible for all modes of transportation, including pedestrians
- To create a streetscape environment that offers a safe, lively, accessible and attractive place to work, live, shop, learn and play
- To co-ordinate streetscape design elements and improve the quality of business and economic life in uptown Waterloo
The City of Waterloo, in conjunction with the Region of Waterloo, will be hosting a Public Information Centre (PIC) on:
Jan. 31, 2017 - 8 - 9:30 a.m. and 5 - 7:30 p.m. at Waterloo City Hall Atrium.
The purpose of this pre-construction PIC is to:
1. review the final design details for the proposed improvements to King St.
2. learn about the construction timing of the project
3. review traffic flow plans during construction
4. ask questions of the city and regional staff and the consultants from IBI
5. provide any comments that you may have at this time
This PIC is in anticipation of a spring 2017 construction initiation. More information can be found here
Please note: The City of Waterloo strives to make all of its services accessible to all, including this website. Some of the documents on this page were prepared by a third-party consultant and may be inaccessible in their current format. If you would like any of these documents in an alternate format, please contact Barb Magee Turner, Engineering Services, by telephone at 519-886-1550 ext. 78757.
August 2015 update