Skip navigation
Social Media
Email IconTranslate


For some people with disabilities, it is necessary to have assistance in order to participate in recreation and leisure activities.

A Personal Attendant for Leisure (PAL) card allows people with a disability to be accompanied by a personal attendant at no extra charge so that they may participate in municipal programs.

The PAL card is accepted at city-operated recreation and leisure programs like swimming, skating and camps in Waterloo, Kitchener, Cambridge, Guelph and Woolwich. Some private recreation businesses also recognize the PAL card. Check with the business.

Applying for a PAL card

Please complete the application form to begin the process. For more information, please call 519-747-8512, TTY 1-866-786-3941.