Skip navigation
Social Media
Email IconTranslate

Third Party Registrations

Changes to the Municipal Election Act, 2006 brought in new rules for third party advertising that supports, promotes or opposes a candidate or a "yes" or "no" answer to a question a ballot. To register as a third party advertiser you must be a person who is a resident of Ontario, a corporation carrying on Business in Ontario or a trade union that holds bargaining rights for employees in Ontario. For information about third party advertising rules, including spending limits and enforcement, see the Ministry of Municipal Affairs Guide for third party advertisers.

You may register as a Third Party Advertiser with the Office of the City Clerk from 8:30 am on Tuesday, May 1, 2018 until 4:30 pm on Friday, October 19, 2018. This office is located on the third floor of City Hall, Waterloo City Centre, 100 Regina St. S,  Waterloo. To register you must provide a completed Notice of Registration (Form 7). Please note there is no registration fee. The form must be submitted to the Office of the City Clerk in person or by an agent and must have an original signature.

The following Third Party Registrations have been certified by the Clerk's Office (Municipal Elections Act, SO 2016, c 88.6, s 13).

We have provided completed Notice of Registration Forms from the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing. If you require these documents in an alternative format, please contact Samantha Belletti, Election Coordinator, at 519-747-8704, TTY 1-866-786-3941, or

Individual, Corporation or Trade Union Notice of Registration Form Contact information Filing Date
Campaign Life Coalition

Notice of Registration Form


October, 22, 2018

More information

For additional information please contact:  

Office of the City Clerk
Legislative Services

City of Waterloo
100 Regina St. S.
PO Box 337, Station Waterloo
Waterloo, Ont.
N2J 4A8
TTY. 1-866-786-3941