The City of Waterloo's traffic by-law (no. 2008-077) prohibits parking on city streets from 2:30 a.m. to 6 a.m. without an exemption.
As of June 9, 2014, each licence plate number is now eligible for 15 parking exemptions per year. This applies to parking on city streets, or in designated parking lots in the Uptown core.
Register your car by 1:30 a.m. using this online overnight parking registry link below on your desktop or laptop, by calling 519-747-8559, or by using your smartphone via the Pingstreet App.
- Registration forms must be complete
- All vehicles must be registered by 1:30 a.m.
- Registering allows you to legally park between 2:30 a.m. to 6 a.m. for the days you have requested, not for a 24-hour period
- Vehicles must be parked in compliance with all other parking by-laws
- Oil-sprayed vehicles are not permitted to register and will be denied
- Listen for snow bans - overnight exemptions become invalid during snow bans
- You will receive a confirmation email after you register
- Short-term temporary on-street parking permits are available during such extenuating circumstance as construction - contact the Service Centre at 519-886-2310 for details