Projects that require a building permit
- Backflow prevention
- Basement and main-floor walkouts
- Building renovations and conversions
- Decks and sheds
- Demolishing a building or structure on your property
- Foundation excavation or construction
- Garages and carports
- Heritage alterations
- New buildings or structure on your property
- Plumbing installations or changes
- Pools and hot tubs
- Sunrooms and porches
- Walls - adding and removing
- Windows and doors - new ones and structural alterations
For additional information refer to our building by-law.
Fees associated with these and other building projects are outlined in our development services fee guide.
Building standards year-end statements for 2014 are available for download.